Thursday, December 31, 2009

It is the eve of 2010 beginning. It seems hard to believe that another year has passed and my life is not where I want for it to be......when will I feel like it is? Its a funny sort of experience when I look over my life and ask if I am proud of what I have.....indeed I do feel bit of pride but only for a moment and then what I see most is a work in progress and with so very much needing to be done. If the blessings that I have are really blessings at all, it seems they should be put to good use in order for some benefit to be realized by others. I'm certain I have yet to accomplish that.

I keep re-experiencing the reality that life is so short.......people you love come and go......and before you know it, it is your turn too. I've become so aware this past year, in particular, that we never know when our life is coming to a close....whether we are well or ill.......it just happens. I imagine I will die wishing I had done more, been kinder, laughed harder, touched more lives in ways that mattered, and had found peace.....true peace.......and been able to spread it. And I imagine that these thoughts and feelings will remain with me whether I die today or in 50 years.

Perhaps this line of thinking serves as a motivator for action........and the eve of a new year beginning opens up a world of opportunity.......

My resolution for 2010 is to focus on......and to also pursue.....those things that make the most sense for my life to be a good experience..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home